Great Recipies for a Log Cabin
Here at TruLog we want you to enjoy the full log cabin experience in your home. TruLog is more than just steel log siding. It’s a way of life. It’s the simple pleasures like home cooking, crackling fireplaces and being surrounded by the ones you love. In the spirit of this, we here at TruLog have been giving out recipes that are perfect for the log cabin life.
Here are some links to our past recipes:
How to make Potato Soup
- 4 Large Baking Potatoes (Red potatoes can be really good for this)
- 2/3 C Flour
- 2/3 C butter
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 6 C milk
- 1 C sour cream
- Chicken Broth
- 1 C shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled into pieces
Directions for Potato Soup
- Use a fork to poke holes in the potato first and bake in oven at 350 for about an hour or just put them in the microwave.
- Cube the potatoes. You can peel them if you want, but I always think leaving the skins on adds some vitamins and an interesting texture.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add flour and make a rue. Add salt and pepper.
- Whisk in milk, bring to a boil and stir until thick. You can use chicken broth to thin or just use less milk.
- Stir in potatoes and heat through.
- Remove from heat, stir in sour cream.
- Serve topped with cheese and bacon
Variations in Potato Soup
Here are a few Potato Soup variations you might like:
Celery – A little chopped celery will give good flavor and texture.
Onions – Green onions to top or even yellow onions cooked in the butter.
Kielbasa – Chop up some kielbasa or polish sausage to make the potato soup heartier.
Potato Soup the Perfect Log Cabin Meal
Enjoy this potato soup recipe in your rustic log cabin and live the log cabin life? Don’t have log cabin life? Contact us at TruLog today so we can make your log cabin dreams come true!