The log cabin you’ve always dreamed about doesn’t have to come with hefty price tags and high maintenance requirements. By breaking down the characteristics of the quintessential log home, you can re-create a cozy, welcoming feel with affordable decor alternatives. Both the interior and exterior should be considered. Below are examples of some of the decor and exterior steel log siding options that can help you create the traditional log home look.
Ideas for Decorating Your Home like a Log Cabin
No matter what type of home you have, you can make it look more like the log cabin of your dreams with the following decor and features:
- Rustic paint colors: There’s nothing quite like the way a fresh coat and color of paint can rejuvenate the feel of your home. For the traditional log home style, choose earthy neutrals or muted colors.
- Farmhouse-style kitchen appliances: If you’re considering a kitchen renovation or if you are designing the kitchen of your future log-style home, consider the rustic charm of farmhouse-style appliances and fixtures. You can also paint your cabinets in a vintage, shabby chic style.
- Wood wall paneling and floors: Faux wood beams or faux wall panels are an inexpensive option for replicating the look of a traditional log cabin. Consider placing beams across a vaulted ceiling, if you have such a room in your house.
- Quilted blankets and comforters: A lot can be done to create log cabin style with just the bedding in your home. For many of us, a log home is all about comfort. Choose a patchwork quilt, flannel comforter and other cozy accoutrements to make your family and guests feel at home.
- Home accessories: Depending on your tastes, you may want to consider hanging vintage paintings, wildlife paintings or sculptures, or even skis from the walls in your home. Don’t overlook the power of your accessories to create the look you want.
Of course, what’s on the exterior of the home is important too.
Re-Create Log Style without the Maintenance
Whether you are renovating your home or planning to purchase a log-style cabin, complete the log home aesthetic by re-siding the exterior as well as redecorating the interior. TruLog™ steel log siding offers a great alternative to high-maintenance logs and wood. Instead of spending your time caring for wood, kick back and relax inside the comfortable, rustic home you’ve created.
TruLog™ steel log siding is made to look like real, hand-hewn wood, but you don’t have to be worried about rot, fading, insects and water damage the same way you do with wood and logs. All you have to do to clean the steel log siding is rinse it with your garden hose.
For a free estimate for your log-style home project, please call TruLog™ at 970-646-4490.