Choosing a Contractor
Tips for finding experienced contractors
You've decided you want TruLog siding on your building or home. How do you choose a siding contractor that you can trust? Check out the list below to help you find the right fit for your project.
1. Research Regional Siding Contractors
- Ask friends and neighbors who have recently replaced their siding for recommendations.
- Search the internet and read reviews to find out which companies do a great job and which contractors draw complaints.
- Make sure the contractor you choose has a local address. You want to make sure they are around if you have issues.
2. Narrow Your Options
- Make sure each contractor you consider has experience installing siding. The installation process for TruLog™ is very similar to other sidings. Contractors can typically watch our installation video and know how to install our steel log siding.
- Ask for references from the contractor’s past clients.
3. Get a Siding Quote
- Ask each contractor for estimated timelines of project completion.
- Make sure you get at least three different quotes for installation.
- Compare those quotes to see what services are included. One estimate may be higher because they include tearing off the old siding, disposing of the old materials, and a stipend for replacing damaged or rotten plywood substrate.
- If the contractor doesn’t cover these steps, you can ask the contractor for the additional cost to include them.
4. Meet With Your Contractor to Discuss Details of Your Siding Replacement
- Decide on a start date for installation of your TruLog™ siding.
- Set a reasonable end date for the installation and clean up to be finished.
- Set a payment schedule. It is a good rule of thumb to set the final payment when work is complete.
- Notify with TruLog™ of where your steel siding should be dropped off. FedEx will call and schedule the best time and day to deliver the siding materials to your location.