Choosing a Contractor
Tips for finding experienced contractors
1. Research Regional Siding Contractors
- Ask friends and neighbors who have recently replaced their siding for recommendations.
- Search the internet and read reviews to find out which companies do a great job and which contractors draw complaints.
- Make sure the contractors you choose has a local address. You want to make sure they are around if you have issues
2. Narrow Your Options
- Make sure each contractor you consider has experience installing siding. TruLog is very similar to install as vinyl and other siding materials. Contractors can typically watch our installation video and know how to install our steel log siding.
- Ask references from past clients.
3. Get a Siding Quote
- Ask each contractor for estimated timelines of project completion.
- Make sure you get at least three different quotes for installation.
- Compare those quotes to see what each contractor includes. One estimate may be higher because they include tearing off the old siding, disposing of the old materials, and a stipend for replacing damaged or rotten plywood substrate.
- If the contractor doesn’t cover these steps, you can ask the contractor for the additional cost to include them.
4. Meet With Your Contractor to Discuss Details of Your Siding Replacement
- Decide on a start date
- Set a reasonable end date for the installation and clean up to be finished.
- Set a payment schedule. It is a good rule of thumb to set the final payment when work is complete.
- Discuss with TruLog and your contractor where the siding materials should be dropped off. FedEx will call and schedule the best time and day to deliver the siding materials to your location.