Summer is in full swing. Across the country, temperatures have been reaching sizzling heights. Summertime is also a great time to spend outdoors, creating memories with loved ones. But how can you reduce the stress and exhaustion of these temperatures? See our tips below for staying cool, even in the hottest months, as well as making your home more energy efficient.
Games and Cool Treats for Kids
Summertime means the kids are out of school and the temps will be soaring. How do you keep them entertained? Consider the ideas below.
- Frozen treats: Snow cones, freeze pops and fruit smoothies are great standbys. For an all-natural treat, you can freeze red and green grapes in the freezer. Frozen grapes make a sweet, cold and refreshing snack on a hot summer day.
- Cool games: Freeze T-shirts in your freezer so the kids can have a contest to see who can get their frozen T-shirt on the fastest. Another idea is jump rope with a twist – have the children take turns jump roping while holding a full cup of water. The child with the fullest cup at the end, wins.
Industrial-Strength Outdoor Cooling
Shade trees and awnings go a long way in enabling you to enjoy your outdoor space even when the heat cranks up. But sometimes you need extra cooling power. Below are three ways you can cool down your backyard or outdoor space.
- Evaporative cooler: Outdoor evaporative cooling units can be a great option, especially if you have a large space. Set yours up about 2-4 feet from where your family relaxes.
- Misters: Misters are a classic summertime staple at outdoor patios across the country. Bring the cafe style into your own space with a misting system. Not only does the mist look and feel cool, it also absorbs heat in the air.
- High-speed fans: Large, high-velocity fans can cool off large backyards. Although they aren’t actually cooling the air, they can have an evaporative effect when the air blows across the sweat on your skin.
Insulating TruLog™ Steel Log Siding
TruLog™ steel log siding not only creates an authentic log-home look, it keeps your home hotter in the winter and cooler in the summer. TruLog™ increases the R-value of your walls with an insulating foam backer. This insulation means your home won’t lose cool air harbored inside as rapidly as if there were no insulation. This means when you really can’t beat the heat outside, you can retreat to your cool home without spending as much on air conditioning costs.
Ready to side your home with energy efficient TruLog™? Please call our experienced team in Loveland, Colorado, at 970-646-4490, for a free estimate. We can ship your order directly to you, just about anywhere in the country.