TruLog™ Steel Log Siding
TRULOG MAINTENANCE FREE LOG SIDING
The metal log siding product you choose should offer the look of a rustic log home while providing maximum durability and easy upkeep. For a log home without the maintenance, steel log siding by TruLog™ has a genuine wood appearance, but requires no care other than an occasional rinse with the garden hose. For a quote and ordering information, please call us at (970) 227-3245.
Hewing and Chinking for an Authentic Wood Appearance
When choosing imitation log siding, certain features lend to the appearance of genuine wood. TruLog™ patented steel log siding has the realistic look of wood logs, in part because of the hew lines and chinking lines that are part of the design.
Traditional wooden logs have marks called hew lines, which show where the wood has been chopped and shaped. These distinctive markings have come to be associated with the character of log homes and cabins. Because TruLog™ log siding retains the natural appeal of wood, we designed the siding to have hewing across its surface.
Chinking in a traditional log cabin refers to the line of sealant used between the logs. With faux log siding, chinking is functionally unnecessary but aesthetically desirable. TruLog™ steel log siding incorporates the appearance of chinking lines in the design, so that your exterior log siding creates the appearance of a real log home, all without the recurring log home maintenance associated with timber.
If you’re interested in finding out how to buy our steel siding that looks like wood, contact us here to get a free estimate!
- Rigid 28 gauge steel siding
- World class paint coating that that resists cracking, peeling, flaking, blistering, chipping, fading and more.
- Covered by a Limited Lifetime Warranty
- No Maintenance necessary! Keep your siding looking new with a casual rinse from your garden hose
- 12 foot siding panels featuring wood grain, patented hew lines and a defined chink line
- Precisely contoured foam underlayment adds rigidity and superior impact resistance
TruLog™ Siding Colors
TruLog™ Steel Log Siding comes in five unique colors
Log Siding with Optimal Durability
TruLog™ imitation log siding not only looks like authentic wood logs, it stands up to damaging elements because of it has one of the hardest, toughest paint coatings available. This coating resists:
DuPont™ Teflon® surface protector makes this long-lasting coating one of the most durable.
As a homeowner, you probably want to make your home as energy efficient as possible in addition to choosing the toughest log siding. TruLog® exterior log siding incorporates advanced CoolPaint™ technology. CoolPaint™ has infrared reflective pigments, which help reduce the energy consumption of your home.
In addition to the paint and surface protector, other TruLog™ specifications include:
- Easy to ship and have installed. TruLog™ is shipped in 12 ft. lengths that are 9 inches tall. This size enables us to easily ship it directly to you. Then, your local installer or contractor can conveniently place the siding to complete your project.
- 28 gauge steel. Underneath the paint is tough, durable 28-gauge steel. Heavy gauge steel provides rigid home siding that will stand up to the elements.
- Insulating foam backer. A foam backer is placed behind the log siding during installation. The foam insulates your home, adding an R value of about 1 to 2 to your home’s exterior, which increases the energy efficiency of the house. The foam backer also serves as a way to prevent the steel siding from denting.
Siding for your house should not only look authentic, it should perform well and improve your home’s efficiency. American-manufactured TruLog™ log siding offers all those benefits, plus the advantage of requiring no maintenance.
House Siding Backed by Warranty
We stand by the quality, craftsmanship and performance of our faux log siding products. Our steel log siding comes with a limited lifetime warranty, including a 30-year chalk and fade protection. The state-of-the-art paint coating stands up to UV radiation from the sun to provide long-lasting fade resistance.
Having a log-style home doesn’t have to involve maintenance every 2 to 3 years. With TruLog™ faux log siding, your home will have that natural, charming appeal without the necessary staining, painting, sealing and log replacement required of homes made with timber logs.
Log siding should be built with durability and strength, yet without losing the natural appeal of traditional wood logs. TruLog™ siding provides all the aesthetic benefits, without the hassle of upkeep. To get an estimate for the project you have in mind, please call us at (970) 227-3245 or contact us using the online form.